- Help each lab member to grow as a scientist / engineer and become more independent
- Learn to prioritize, to focus on the essential and ignore distractions
- Learn to formulate and test hypotheses
- Develop new skills
- Make discoveries and develop methods that are conceptually original, distinctive & non-redundant.
- Publish papers, advance our careers and raise support for the goals above.
- All scheduling is done via the lab google calendar that will be shared with you.
- Data Sharing & Communication
- Announcement to the entire group are sent via the group email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also communicate via lab slack account: https://slavovlab.slack.com/
- We share data and collaborate on manuscripts via google drive and google docs
- The slides for all lab presentations have to be placed in the designated google drive folder.
- We have a business lab google account with unlimited data storage for mass-spec data. It is email@example.com
- Weekly / Biweekly lab meeting
- Summarize results that everybody in our lab can understand and appreciate
- Get feedback from everybody
- Weekly club meetings
- Design experiments, set goals, get help with data analysis and interpretation
- Present less mature results to colleagues who need little background
- Update on goals set the previous week / month.
- To stay focused and organized, we follow Focus 20/20:
- Start with the central point / goal of the presented work
- Presenations are up to 20 min max.
- General Meeting Time (GMT)
- Questions of no interest for anybody else in the group
- Detailed feedback on manuscripts, carrier development, et al.
- If you want a 1-1 meeting with me, book a slot within the GMT slots.
The meetings do not have to take the full allotted time. We generally book longer periods than I expect we will need.